Wednesday 19 July 2023

A shutterbug refreshed


Welcome!

Some time ago, I blogged here.  Always about photographs, principally about geology but sometimes about other things as well.  My premise was that a picture is worth a thousand words but you sometimes need words to tell the story behind the picture. Now, in true Hollywood fashion, I'm rebooting the blog; this time around, I'm going to tell the stories behind 100 of my photos.  I'm no great photographer, but I hope that the photos and their stories will be interesting.

This one, though is just pretty rather than enigmatic or worthy of a long story.  I was out for a walk a couple of months ago, and this was the canopy above me  - copper beech leaves contrasting with the pale greens of other Spring-clad species in rural Cambridgeshire, England.  It was one of those days that make you glad to be alive, and the contrast in colours and the delicacy of the tracery entranced* me.  It just seems apt to post a photo that captures this to open a newly-reemerged blog.

--------------------

*By the way, have you ever noticed that when a noun and a verb are spelled the same way, the noun places the emphasis on the first syllable, and the verb on the second?  Think in terms of 'a protest' and 'to protest' or' an entrance' and 'to entrance'...  You've got to love language. 


#100Photos  #1

No comments:

Post a Comment